Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Have any collectors here?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Have any collectors here?

    I'm sure most collect at least something, big or small, may not even know it. But for the ones that do, what do you collect and why do you collect it?

    I'm into political memorabilia, big button collector, also DNC tickets/passes. Also like Nazi coins/paper money, collect a few other militaria things also. Have a couple small pieces of the Berlin Wall and a tiny piece of coal from the Titanic - all with several C.O.A. I juust love history and politics, so I'm constantly looking for stuff.

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner SBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    2,279
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Have any collectors here?

    I try to collect time but it's always getting away from me.
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member simple man's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2008
    Posts
    1,001
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Have any collectors here?

    Quote Originally Posted by SBG View Post
    I try to collect time but it's always getting away from me.
    Try saving time in a bottle.
    We'll keep the lights on for you.
    Spuds

  4. #4
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Have any collectors here?

    I like collecting coins from other countries. Dang the Ecuadorian nickel is a spitting image to ours almost in size, but the weight is lighter, and of course a different political figure. Vending machines still won't take it, and thats the only reason I knew I had one.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Rocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2003
    Posts
    1,914
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Have any collectors here?

    ive got coins of course baseball cards, a small knife collection, i guess you could say guns. stamps/postcards really just about anything.
    Cant we all just get along?

  6. #6
    Inactive Member 89bluedevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2005
    Posts
    763
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Have any collectors here?

    Have collected sports cards since I was a kid, collected some Star Wars action figures back in the 90s (shouldn't have done that), and have old postcards with actual pictures from Gate City and Kingsport that I remember from my childhood. Seems like most hobbies are expensive, especially the ballcards and the old postcards, and I've had to cut back recently.

  7. #7
    HB Forum Owner SBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    2,279
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Have any collectors here?

    Quote Originally Posted by simple man View Post
    Try saving time in a bottle.
    Jim Croce beat me to it.
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Have any collectors here?

    Baseball and Football cards. It is addictive!

  9. #9
    Inactive Member LPDfanincarolina's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2002
    Posts
    250
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Have any collectors here?

    For 30 some years now I have been collecting mustangs. Not the horse, but rather the car. During that time I have only sold one of them but I keep buying them.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Have any collectors here?

    Just got my 1960 DNC ticket in, one to JFK's, pretty pumped about that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •